In this tutorial, we will go through the steps to generate a keystore wallet. A keystore wallet file, is a file that contains your stellar account's secret key encrypted with a password of your choice. You should choose a sufficiently strong password, this allows you to store the keystore file and not worry about hacks. Lets get started.
- Click "New Wallet" and choose the "Generate Keystore File" option and click "Next"
- Fill out the form - here, you should choose a wallet file name (whatever you want) and a strong password. Once you have filled out the form, click "Download Keystore File".
- After clicking the button, a file should download named "<yourwalletname>.strz". This file and your password are VERY IMPORTANT. You need to make sure you back up this file and your password so that you cannot lose them. Stellarport does NOT store your keystore file or password. If you lose either one, your wallet will be UNRECOVERABLE.
- Only after you have backed up your keystore wallet file, toggle the switch to indicate that the file is backed up.
- That's it. You now have a new Stellar wallet. You should now be able to proceed to the login page and login using your keystore wallet file and chosen password.